We are your Family Fun Destination. Ozark Outdoors offers a variety of outdoor activities for any family vacation. On a budget? Save money by booking early with our special deals or playcationing with us through the week (bonus: you get to avoid the crowds)!
Looking for an inclusive resort? Choose riverfront camping, deluxe cabins, on-site hotels, or luxurious condos. Whatever floats your boat! Paddle solo or tandem in a kayak, spend a day in and off the raft, lean back, relax and dip your toes in a customized inner tube (with a headrest and cup holder)! Take the ultimate relationship test with your partner in a canoe 😉 . Our Paddler’s Grill is open weekends (Memorial-Labor Day) and our Meramec Mercantile is stocked with anything you might want or need.
Before we dive right in we want you to know we understand that traveling with kids is one of the biggest fears parents have when planning a vacation. We want to help~ So, we’ve put together a list of the top 6 things we’ve found to help you on road trips with kids! (click the link to see the full list)
New for 2017: Floating Treetops Aerial Park
Snorkel, paddle, swim and learn about the upper Meramec Drainage Basin.
Trips include 1 hour canoe paddling & safety course, brief snorkeling instruction, and so much more!
- Hands-On Activities
- Fun Learning Atmosphere
- Healthy Exercise Alternative
- Ecology Canoe Day Trips
Are your kids a little too young for an all-day float trip, but love the idea of floating down the river? Do you want a short float with little work? Bring your kids to Ozark Outdoors for a toe dipping day away— Don’t miss our Tubular Tuesdays!
- From 8am to 5pm, on the same day, you can tube along the campground for one low price
- When you finish the loop, get picked up by our festive Ozark fiesta bus so you can take another trip
or head back to camp
- After your lunch break, join the fun again
- It’s the perfect float trip for children and adults alike
Family Float Trips:
- Weekday floating– if you want to avoid the crowds, enjoy the peace of nature, or family time making magic memories: choose almost any of our trips on a Monday through Thursday (bonus: weekday discounted rates)
- Family Friendly trips– enjoy a weekend float trip designated for you, less partying, fewer loud crowds. The Campbell Bridge & “Y” take-out trip are family friendly only on weekends
- How to Avoid the Crowds
The kids will love to break away from the campfire for a while to see some of their favorite classics!
- These movies are for the children so we play G & PG movies
- Bring out your lawn chairs, jackets, blankets, popcorn, snacks, drinks and join us under the stars
Trained guides will lead you into another world full of geologic wonders; explore the Onondaga Cave & Cathedral Cave at the park.
- Hike any of the 5 spectacular trails and enjoy wildlife, scenic views, and forgotten pieces of history
- You can purchase Onondaga Cave Tour tickets through Ozark Outdoors for a discounted rate
- Some of the oldest landforms in North America exist along Missouri hiking trails.
- With a combination of plant and animal varieties, there’s something for everyone.
- Gnarled blackjacks, majestic oaks, black hickory, and strong standing elms are interspered among granite bluffs and creavices
- Pileated woodpeckers, wood thrush and ovenbirds are abundant. Wild turkeys, red tailed foxes, and rarely seen Missouri owls all make their homes along the Ozark Trail
- Another attraction for hiking in Missouri, is the bountiful waterways that run in and through our woods. There’s nothing like peace by a river, or resting beside a gurgling stream
These private gated retreats are perfect if you want to be away from all the crowds and still be able to easily enjoy the resort amenities.
- The ‘Off Site Lodging Retreat’ rental does include a pick up & drop off for your float trip on any of our 3 beautiful streams (the Meramec River, Huzzah River, or Courtois Creek)
- Enjoy full resort access to Ozark Outdoors Riverfront Resort including the resort beach areas, outdoor swimming pool, drive-in style movies on the weekends and the Meramec Mercantile
- Cattail Quarters, Deer Thicket, Sportsmans Meadow, Whispering Pines, Meramec Hideaway
Activity enthusiasts come in all shapes and preferences. Some enjoy cold weather sports while others like it hot. When it comes to snowmobiling and canoeing, there are many differences in the sports, but surprisingly, there are some similarities as well.
- For those who appreciate fresh air, health benefits, and the joy of outdoor activities, both canoeing and snowmobiling offer great escapes from the daily grind
- There are many other similarities and a few differences too, read the article to find out more
For those with children, we quickly learn how fast time flies. We only get 18 summers on average, before they fly out of the nest. We must make the most of every moment, before our time runs out — we must make the most of our 18 summers. So what can you do to improve the quality of your family time? Make the most of your 18 summers.
For great family inspirational reading, Rene Gutteridge & Michelle Cox’s book Just 18 Summers!
Other Area Attractions:
- 5 Antique Shops
- Meramec Music Theatre
- Dillard Mill Historic Site
- Huzzah State Forest
- Meramec Spring Park
- Meramec State Park
- Bald Eagle Watching
- Zeke’s Art Gallery
- Snelson-Brinker Historic Landmark Cabin
- Cuba Murals
- World’s Largest Red Rocking Chair